Today, I’m excited to share with you a recipe that’s perfect for anyone looking for a quick, delicious, and healthy dinner option – Chili Lime Shrimp. This easy-to-make paleo, Whole30, and gluten-free dish will impress and have you craving more.
Why Chili Lime Shrimp is a Must-Try
Chili Lime Shrimp is a versatile dish that suits various dietary needs, making it a great option for families and individuals alike. The zesty marinade infused with tangy lime and a subtle kick of chili creates a burst of flavors that elevates the taste of succulent shrimp to a whole new level. This recipe is super easy to prepare, taking just 20 minutes from start to finish. It allows for substitutions and variations, making it adaptable to your taste preferences and pantry contents. So, let’s get into the ingredients and the step-by-step process of making this delectable dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 lb of medium-large shrimp (deveined with tails/skin on)
- Lime juice and zest (from fresh limes for the best flavor)
- Avocado oil (or you can use olive oil)
- Spices: chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder
How to Make Chili Lime Shrimp
Create the Marinade: In a bowl, mix together lime juice, lime zest, avocado oil, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and onion powder. Adjust the marinade to your liking by adding more or less of the spices.
Marinate the Shrimp: Place the shrimp in a ziplock bag or a bowl, and pour the marinade over them. Allow the shrimp to marinate for about 10 minutes (although an hour will yield the best results).
Prep the Grill: While the shrimp marinate, preheat your grill on high heat until it’s super hot.
Grill the Shrimp: Cook the marinated shrimp on the grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side, ensuring they turn from grey to a light pink color, indicating they’re perfectly cooked. Be cautious not to overcook them, as shrimp cook quickly.
Substitutions and Recipe Variations
- Marinade: Feel free to experiment with other marinades like Healthy Salmon Marinades or Shrimp Fajitas Marinade by doubling their recipes.
- Spices: If you don’t have all the listed spices, adjust the quantities based on what you have in your spice rack.
- Oil: Swap avocado oil for olive oil if you prefer its flavor.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Grill (or pan if you don’t have a grill)
- Ziplock bag or a bowl for marinating
- Metal skewers for grilling (optional)
The beauty of Chili Lime Shrimp lies in its versatility, allowing you to get creative with your serving choices. Here are some delectable options to enjoy this dish:
- As an appetizer with a side of Guacamole.
- In tacos topped with Pineapple Mango Salsa for a tropical twist.
- On a bed of salad for a light and refreshing meal.
- Over rice or cauliflower rice for a heartier option.
- Alongside grilled veggies or Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes.
Though Chili Lime Shrimp is best enjoyed fresh off the grill, you can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, reheating shrimp is not recommended, as it can affect their texture. If you need to reheat, try using a toaster oven, oven, or stove, but the best experience comes from serving them fresh.
Chili Lime Shrimp Recipe FAQ
Q: Can you use frozen shrimp?
A: Absolutely! You can use frozen shrimp in this recipe. Before cooking, make sure to completely defrost them by running them under cold water.
Q: How long should the shrimp sit in lime juice?
A: The shrimp needs to sit in the marinade for at least 10 minutes to absorb the delightful lime flavors.
Chili Lime Shrimp is a game-changer when it comes to quick, healthy, and delicious dinners. The zesty marinade adds a burst of flavors to succulent shrimp, making it a versatile dish that suits various dietary needs. This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your home. So, gather your ingredients and fire up the grill – let the tantalizing aroma of Chili Lime Shrimp fill your kitchen and your heart. Happy cooking.