In the hustle and bustle of daily life, a weeknight dinner that’s both delicious and quick to prepare is a game-changer. Enter our Garlic & Rosemary Roast Pork Loin, a savory delight that’s not only a culinary masterpiece but also conveniently cooked using the Instant Pot. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the advantages of using an Instant Pot for this recipe, explore the health benefits, provide a step-by-step guide, and share some valuable tips to make your cooking experience seamless.
Why Instant Pot?
Weeknight meals should be hassle-free, and that’s where the Instant Pot works its magic. Unlike traditional oven roasting that can take up to an hour, our Garlic & Rosemary Roast Pork Loin only requires 22 minutes on High pressure in the Instant Pot. That’s more time for you to relax or attend to other tasks while the Instant Pot works its culinary wizardry.
Healthier Cooking with Instant Pot
Beyond its time-saving prowess, the Instant Pot also boasts health benefits. When cooking pork loin in the Instant Pot, meat-based dishes retain their iron content, and studies show decreased levels of unsaturated fats. However, it’s essential to understand the nuances of pressure cooking, as vegetable-based dishes may be affected due to their sensitivity to heat. Knowing which foods work best in the Instant Pot ensures you make the most of its health advantages.
Ingredients and Directions
- 2 pounds boneless center-cut pork loin (about 4 inches wide)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary plus 3 teaspoons, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Season pork on all sides with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté pork in the Instant Pot until nicely browned, then set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and additional rosemary in the Instant Pot.
- Add broth, stirring to scrape up any browned bits.
- Return pork to the Instant Pot, pressure cook for 22 minutes.
- Release steam, let pork rest, and prepare the gravy.
- Slice pork, arrange on plates, and spoon the flavorful gravy over it.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
To embark on this culinary journey, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
- Instant Pot or programmable pressure multicooker
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Small bowl for cornstarch mixture
- Plates for serving
Tips and Shortcuts
- Optimal Pork Size: For the best results, use a 2-pound boneless center-cut pork loin, approximately 4 inches wide.
- Browning Perfection: Ensure a nicely browned exterior by preheating the Instant Pot and searing the pork on all sides.
- Perfect Gravy: Whisking the cornstarch mixture thoroughly and adding it gradually ensures a lump-free, velvety gravy.
- Flavor Boost: Experiment with additional herbs and spices to personalize the dish to your taste.
Have some Garlic & Rosemary Roast Pork Loin left over? Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To retain its succulence when reheating, add a splash of chicken broth and warm it in the oven or microwave.
Food and Drink Pairings
Pair this exquisite dish with a light salad, roasted vegetables, or creamy mashed potatoes. For a delightful beverage accompaniment, a crisp white wine or a fruity red blend complements the savory notes of the pork and enhances the overall dining experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a larger pork loin for this recipe?
A: While you can adjust the cooking time for a larger loin, we recommend sticking to a 2-pound boneless center-cut pork loin for optimal results.
Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
A: Absolutely! Freeze the pork in an airtight container for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Q: Can I substitute rosemary with other herbs?
A: Certainly! Experiment with thyme, sage, or oregano for a unique flavor profile.
Elevate your weeknight dinners with our Garlic & Rosemary Roast Pork Loin cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot. The blend of aromatic rosemary, succulent pork, and rich gravy is a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds singing. Share this recipe with your friends and family, and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more culinary delights and time-saving tips. Happy cooking!